Welcome to the English 202 instruction guide! The librarian who will help you in this class and her contact information can be found in the box on the right of this page. If you need assistance, you can email her, pretty much any time, at email@example.com. She will also be working on the reference desk at the library from January 4th to 8th, so you can call her at the reference desk between the hours of 10:00 am and 4:00 pm at 724-357-3006.
This guide will contain links to documents, tutorials, and videos that will help you do the library research and citation part of your English class. There is a numbered list of contents below. The boxes are numbered in the order you should view them.
1. Academic Integrity
3. Choosing the Right Keywords
4. Tips for More Efficient Searching
5. Google Filter Bubble
6. Google Scholar
7. Searching Library Databases through the I-Search
8. Evaluating What You Find
9. Types of Publications
10. Sample Assignments
11. How to Connect to Library Databases When Not on Campus
12. How to Get Research Help from a Real Live Person
13. Dreamworlds 3
14. Syllabus, class contracts, and calendar
You can contact the library reference desk by telephone most day and early evening hours during regular semesters at 724-357-3006. During Winter Break you can contact librarians via the Ask A Question Link.