A Content Management System
- Tool to streamline the creation and management of web pages.
- Content - the actual text, images, and information - is stored in a database.
- When a user accesses a page, the CMS retrieves the content from the database, and plugs it into the page template for the specific requested page.
- This means that the user need only worry about true content, and not web layout.
- It also means that a single piece of content can be reused many times, and updated in one place.