Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Learning Outcomes for General Education
Information Literacy Instruction
Our librarians provide customized information literacy instruction across the curriculum. Schedule a face-to-face instructional session with one of our librarians. With our instruction, students will be able to:
- define their topic and formulate a research query
- distinguish various information sources
- search for information across knowledge platforms
- evaluate sources for credibility
- incorporate their research into their assignment
- cite their research properly
If you teach an online class, we provide synchronous or asynchronous online instruction with an embedded librarian as well as a variety of online resources that can be embedded into your D2L or Moodle course.
How We Can Work With You
- Help you design an effective research assignment that anticipates potential student stumbling blocks.
- Recommend specific library resources, as well as sources, source types, and tasks to meet your assignment's information literacy learning outcomes
- Suggest the most appropriate type of library instruction: class session, part of a class session, scaffolding through multiple class sessions, online research guides, print handouts, tutorials, etc.
- Schedule library instruction at student's point of need to coincide with when they are most motivated to learn.
- Provide instruction in our library classroom or in yours.
- Offer course support within D2L for online and hybrid courses.
- Stay in touch with your students to provide follow-up assistance after the library session through email and individual consulations.
Information Literacy Librarian
Distance Learning Librarian