Students in HIST 420 in Spring of 2016 suggest the following tips for finding historical information on Indiana Normal School during World War One.
- Go to IUP Special Collections and Archives web page (http://www.iup.edu/archives/) and look through the Manuscript and Record Group listing to find collections that have relevance for the history of this period.
- Look through Indiana Normal School yearbooks from the years 1917 through 1919 available in digital format.
- Consult Stephenson Indiana County 175th Anniversary History for information on the surrounding community during on WWI. (Available in regular circulating collection (Call number F157.13 S783) and in Special Collections.
- Search for local newspaper articles through Access NewspaperARCHIVE
- Search Internet Archive for items related to Indiana State Normal School.
- Visit the Historical and Geneological Society of Indiana County in person and consult their website (http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~paicgs/) for resources not available in IUP Libraries.
- Talk with Harrison Wick, IUP Special Collections and Archives librarian. (email@example.com)
- Do searches with Google and/or Google Scholar to find historical resources available. Evaluate sources and only use those sources which are reliable.