Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Good Places to Begin Your Research
Some places to begin your research include:
- Go to IUP Special Collections and Archives web page and look through the Manuscript and Record Group listing to find collections that have relevance for the history of this period.
- Look through the yearbooks available in digital format.
- Consult Stephenson Indiana County 175th Anniversary History for information on the surrounding community during on WWI. (Available in regular circulating collection (Call number F157.13 S783) and in Special Collections.
- Search for local newspaper articles through Access NewspaperARCHIVE
- Search Internet Archive for IUP related publications
- Visit the Historical Society of Indiana County for resources not available in IUP Libraries.
- Talk with Harrison Wick, IUP Special Collections and Archives librarian. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Do searches with Google and/or Google Scholar to find historical resources available. Evaluate sources and only use those sources which are reliable.
IUP Yearbook 1970
Image Source: Record Group 50. Box 10. Folder 1. Souvenirs. IUP Libraries Special Collections and Archives.
Dr. Jeanine Mazak-Kahne. Public History Professor.